Thursday, June 4, 2009

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Flax cookies!

Wow have I been busy! Today I finally got a chance to do some baking... yummm, I did some experimenting with oatmeal cookie recipes and came up with this fiber packed, delicious cookie recipe that is satisfying and healthy!

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Flax cookies:
1 c. oats
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 c. milled flax seed
pinch of salt

1 egg
1/4 c. smart balance light (or any reduced calorie butter spread)
1/4 c. finely grated apple (or applesauce)
1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract

1/4 c. dark chocolate chips
1/4 c. chopped walnuts
1-2 Tbs. coconut


Combine dry ingredients and set aside. Combine egg through vanillla and whip with mixer a few minutes. Mix dry and wet together and mix in chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut. Bake on 375 for about 8 minutes. Makes 20 cookies at approximately 85 calories per cookie!

3 comments:

  1. what is milled flax seed? do they do something special to the flax seed? I have falx seed at home but I think its like regular or something.

    I would love to try this recipe because Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are my all time faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry I actually meant to say GROUND flax seed...thats what it says on the bag, I think it just means it is ground up to the consistency of flour. you could try the recipe with the regular flax seed but it will probably be a little chunkier lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. these cookies are right up my ally!! (Minus the walnuts, because i'm allergic). but i can totally omit those and make these tasty cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete